Friday, February 22, 2008

Seriously bored so I think I will vent a little!

It's Friday night. Dh is asleep. The kids are asleep. I am wide awake and so fucking bored! And in a swearing mood apparently.

I am not sure what I expected. I am married with kids. For me anyway, that means staying home a lot more than I did when I was single. Most of the time I don't mind but then there are days when I feel like if I don't get out of the damn house my head is going to explode. If it wasn't snowing so much I would just drive somewhere. I don't know where exactly but anywhere is better than home.


Is it terrible that sometimes I long for my single days when I carried a real purse, not a diaper bag? When I could leave the house on a whim without worrying if I had enough diapers, a change of clothes for the baby, the stroller, toys for the baby, ear plugs to block out the whining of the older two kids. When I could go out dancing from 10 at night until God knows when. Yep, I admit it, I sometimes miss my single days. You know what else I miss? Sex outside of marriage. There was something exciting about "doing it" when you weren't supposed to. Dh and I were little horn dogs! I still love our sex life but that "we aren't supposed to be doing this" excitement is gone and I kind of miss it.


Please don't get me wrong. I love my daughters and hubby more than anything. Sometimes they are the ONLY things that make me smile. I just sometimes feel like the mom and wife parts of me took over and the woman parts of me are lying dormant somewhere way back in my mind. I started wearing my contact lenses again and bought some new lipstick so I can start renewing my outward appearance. Once I am done nursing I will hit VS so I can get a sexy bra to wear instead of a "functional" bra. I also need to make time to get my hair cut and styled by a professional. Not by me when I decide to trim the split ends. I think I will be embarrassed when the stylist sees how I have butchered my hair but I am going to go to a salon anyway.


I need to work on my emotional well being too. I feel like I have been kicked in the head a lot in the past few weeks. It's amazing the kind of negativity you get from people you thought were your friends when they find out who you are voting for. I don't do that to people. I don't understand why anyone would vote for a couple of the people running but I don't go around degrading them and questioning their intelligience. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I figure that they have read something about their candidate that they liked and shared some viewpoints and that's why they are voting for them. I wish they would extend the same courtesy towards me. Instead I get the "Oh you must not know what he stands for, if you really listened to him you would see that he has no substance". Shut the fuck up! I don't vote for people without reading up on them to see what they are about and to see if that meshes with what I am about. I don't go eeny meeny miney moe. I have felt talked down to and it's really pissing me off. Just because I don't agree with you(a general you there) doesn't mean that I am not informed. Seriously why are people like that? I just don't get it.


Then there are some issues happening with one of my sisters. She is going through a divorce and so far it's not pretty. I feel so bad for her and wish I could be there in person to help support her but I am stuck all the way up here while she is down in Ewtah. I am so frustrated!


Okay, I think that's enough for now.


Venting is fun!! :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Girl...

Sorry you are experiencing some opression. I absolutely believe that there are people out there who vote for the party (especially if they feel "spiritual motivation" to do so), rather than the candidate.

Sorry you are feeling stifled. I say keep on being you. "This too shall pass" heh.

Hang in there. You, and all that you are, are so important!! You're bigger and better than that.

Regina Filangi said...

Thanks Christy! I just need to keep telling myself that there are rational people out there.

I managed to get a couple of "mom time-outs" in so I am feeling a ton better in that area too!

Thanks for the support!!

MattMan said...

Since the "we aren't supposed to be doing this" itch can't be scratched by varying the partner anymore, that doesn't mean it can't be scratched.

Instead of varying partner, think about varying location or maybe even paraphernalia and see where your imagination runs with that. ;)

Disclaimer: this advice is coming from a divorced guy with no prospects for sex with a real person in the foreseeable future, so it's worth about as much as you paid for it.