Monday, August 04, 2008

How You Doin??

I am back from my hiatus. In the interest of my anonymity I won't be going into details of what I did while I was gone, that would surely give me away to anyone I know who might stumble onto this blog, I will say that I had a great time with family, even though I was right smack in the middle of all things mormon. It wasn't too bad, I was able to take everything with a grain of salt and a small smirk.

I was aware of that big old pink elephant in the room though because it seems my family all think I still have a wonderful testimony of the gospel and am just waiting patiently until my dh gets one too so that we can finally go to the temple and be sealed as a family for time and all eternity. They actually said that to my dh. I just winked at him. It does hurt my heart that I can't be completely honest with them but I. Just. Can't. One good thing is that we told them that our girls won't be getting baptized at age 8 because we want it to be their decision and we don't think they will know enough then. They seemed okay with that mostly because I think they are sure that when the time comes, if I finally take them to primary, they will be all for being baptized when they turn 8. Not gonna happen but at least they won't be completely shocked when it doesn't happen like that.

So, if anyone is reading this, I hope you all are having a great summer! Mine was wonderful. I am a little sad that my time with my family has ended but I will be okay.

No comments: