Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Update:

I'm still alive.

I wish I could be more forthcoming on this blog. It might be more interesting to read if I was. All I can really tell you is that life is pretty great right now. I have gotten over a really rough patch with dh and with my self worth. I am able to look at the world and other things in a more positive light. I have gotten great amounts of perspective by reading other people's blogs and seeing how much worse their lives are treating them and the grace and positive attitudes that they are handling it with. It's given me a much needed swift kick in the ass.

I think I am moving on. Not from my blog but from my need to dissect my religion. I have come to terms with it and I am comfortable around TBM people again. I can read their words and their beliefs without wanting to bang my head against the wall. I just remember that it is how they believe, it's their right to believe it and I don't take it personally. I am sure I will still have moments of wanting to bang my head into the wall in the future but those times are getting fewer and fewer. Also, I have been doing my best to steer clear of religious talk and just talk about other aspects of life. Some of my TBM friends have surprised me lately with how silly, funny, sarcastic, and yeah, sometimes a little raunchy, that they can be. Of course for the really "fun" talk I still need my DAMU friends so I'll be back!!

No comments: