Monday, February 04, 2008

Pants, Motherhood, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy

A few blog posts ago I mentioned that I wanted to blog but couldn't think of anything to blog about. So Love Medicine, Aerin, and Sister Mary Lisa all gave me ideas of what I could write about. Here goes nothing:

Pants
I can never find pants that fit me right. Either they aren't long enough or if they are long enough they are too big in the waist. I hate wearing belts so the too big in the waist thing sucks! It's not as wonderful as it sounds either(too big waists). My waist is still plenty big thanks to being pregnant three times.(as a little comic relief here, I just noticed that I have been spelling waist like this; waste, which actually would make this paragraph a lot more interesting. I can't leave it like that though, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I did)

So if anyone has any suggestions of good fitting pants that are less than 50 bucks let me know!

Motherhood
Before I was a mother I thought I would have the most well-behaved children. This was because I was going to deal with them with a firm but gentle hand. I was going to muster up all the patience I could and never yell no matter what. I was never going to say things like "Because I said so" and "Life's not fair" and my all time favorite "Everyday is Kid's day".

Sadly, my girls are little monsters. They don't listen to me and actually laugh at me. I have yelled at them more times than I can count and I have had said everyone of the above phrases 713 times at least. I am so screwed when they are teenagers.

I love them like crazy and would take a bullet for them. Those are about the only expectations that I had that haven't changed.

Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy
First, you mean they aren't real??
Second my kids believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I believed in them growing up and finding out that they weren't real did not make me resent my parents, it didn't make it so that I can't trust people, it didn't screw me up in anyway actually. As long as I got presents I didn't really give a damn who gave them to me. As long as I got that quarter under my pillow, I didn't really care how it got there. When the time comes to explain the "real" story to my kids, I will just tell them that we all get the chance to be Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and that makes them real. If they are anything like me(and they are so much like me it's scary) they will say "Cool" and move on with their lives. I am pretty sure they will get more screwed up by the bumbling sex talk I will be giving them than anything else!

2 comments:

love medicine said...

See, I told you pants was a good topic! I have super long legs and can never ever find pants that are long enough. Even the ones marked "long" lie to me. I am forced to buy Lucky Jeans that make extra longs at a whopping 90 dollars a pop. I try to find them on ebay or sometimes clearance or used because I'm a cheap bastress...oh well.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Love the thoughts you shared here. :)