Sunday, December 09, 2007

They Found Me!(and other little updates)

The ward here found me and you know what? I really don't care!!! I don't feel threatened at all. Weird huh?? If I ever feel like going I will but I doubt it. I got an invitation in the mail to the Primary program. Nice......I'm not going. I wish it had been accompanied by some yummy cookies! I have never been love bombed. It sounds like a good way to get free food!! I am totally rambling here I know. What is the title of this blog again??

I've kind of had the winter blahs lately. I am not used to winter. I haven't lived in a wintery climate for 10 years. I got used to sand and sunshine. All this snow and the endless cloudy days are throwing me for a loop. A friend suggested we go sledding. I haven't done that at least since Jr High back in the late 80's. I have never been a winter girl even though I grew up in N. Utah.

I think I am the only post/ex/inactive mormon that likes Utah. My experience growing up there, except for a few instances with some extremely snobby girls, was pretty positive. I actually enjoy going back there to visit. I am so unbelievably weird. The most annoying experiences I had with TBM's there were actually with TBM's who WEREN'T from Utah. Like my one roommate from New Mexico. She told be I wasn't obeying the WoW because I alway drank Dr Pepper. She thought the heavy metal and rap music I listened to was "Devil Music" I had never gotten either of those things from the Mormons I grew up around. Maybe it was just the part of Utah I grew up in , I don't know.

Let's see what else did I want to ramble on about..... Oh, I love Christmas!! The lights, the music(the cheesier the better), the food, the gifts, Santa, Jesus, Christmas Trees, shopping, the smiles on my daughters' faces, Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Men, Charlie Brown, The Grinch, A Christmas Carol, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, someone bumping up the Smithmas Carols thread on FLAK(so fucking funny!!), I could go on and on!!! If that makes me a big old schmaltz ball I really don't care!! I really tend to like cheesy, corny things, especially at this time of year! I didn't get to enjoy it last year because I was practically dying of Morning Sickness but this year I am really having a ball.

My new baby is 4 1/2 months old now. She is so stinking cute. We love her so much! I am so glad we "accidentally" got pregnant. Last year around this time we were freaking out about it but it really did work out for the best!! Which leads to my adios for now! I need to change her diaper!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is weird. I left a comment yesterday, but I guess it didn't show up!! Isn't it funny when "they find us!!??" I don't feel threatened in the least or feel I have to be mean or rude. I just tell them "no." It's worked thus far.
You know I love this time of year as well. I absolutely adore everything about it! I wish we could get a bit of your snow!!
And guess what? I am a post/ex mormon who loves Utah as well. It wouldn't surprise me if my husband and I ended up there someday. I think it's beautiful, has good shopping, 4 seasons, plus lots of family and friends. I think it's a great place to live!!
By the way, it's nice to read a new post here. I still check this blog!!