Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Christmas Meme!!

I got this meme from Wry's blog. Hers is a lot funnier than mine but I am doing it anyway!

Favorite Christmas…

01. Non-Jesus-related song? "Come Home For Christmas" The Eagles

02. Jesus-related song? Oh Holy Night and Carol of the Bells(especially the Transiberian Orchestra version)

03. Santa-related song? Santa Claus is Coming to Town

04. Fictional character? Cindy Loo Who

05. Dinner’s main course? I like the side dishes better, Ham isn't my thing. So I will go with the mashed potatoes.

06. Dinner’s dessert? Coconut Cream Pie

07. Scent (pine, gingerbread, candles…)? Christmas cookies baking.

08. Animated movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas

09. Non-animated movie? A Christmas Carol

10. Personal memory? Going to my grandma's house on Christmas Eve. I remember one year we watched Labrynth which isn't really a Christmas movie but now I always associate it with Christmas.

11. Story/Fairy Tale? The Nutcracker


This or That:

12. Candy cane or peppermint patties? Both!!

13. Sugar or gingerbread cookies? Sugar cookies with frosting.

14. Tinsel or beaded strands? Tinsel

15. Multi-colored or same-colored lights? Same colored, right now we have red.....wait, I stuck some clear ones on there to for effect!

16. Flashing or still lights? Still

17. Wreaths or mistletoe/holly? I like wreaths but I don't have one. :(

18. Rudolph or Frosty? Rudolph

19. Sledding or snowball fights? Sledding and snowball fights!!

20. Snow or ice/icicles? Snow

21. Snow hat or earmuffs? Earmuffs

22. Getting or giving? Giving

23. Snow days or plow trucks? Snow days but the trucks better be plowing too!!

24. Stockings or presents? I put presents in stockings as well as under the tree so I am going with both!

25. Cookies & milk or letter to Santa? Cookies & milk

26. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve for coziness and warmth; Christmas Day for excitement and joyous surprises- What Wry said!! :)

27. Log Burning Channel or real thing? Real thing but since I don't have a fireplace I guess it will be neither.

28. Cards or emails? Cards

29. Shoveling or cleaning off the car? I hate doing both!! I guess since the townhouse owners do the shoveling then I can pick cleaning off the car. I wish we had a garage!! Most days I can't get the passenger door open on my dd's side.

30. The Inn’s manger or the animals? Huh?

31. Mary & Joseph or The Wise Men? I don't think you can have one without the other....Both!!

32. Hot cocoa or eggnog? Hot Cocoa

33. Jack Frost or Little Drummer Boy? The Little Drummer Boy

Yay or Ugh…

34. Holiday shopping? Yay for the first hour, ugh for the remainder of the time until I can finally go home.

35. Icy roads? Ugh

36. Limited driving visibility? Ugh (does someone like this??)

37. Christmas carolers? I would love it if Christmas Carolers came by.

38. Mall Santas? yay

39. Salvation Army Santas? yay

40. Blizzards? Ugh

41. 24/7 Holiday radio? Yay

42. Freezing cold? ugh

43. Setting up the tree? Yay

44. Wrapping presents? Yay until my back starts hurting from sitting there hunched over for so long!

45. Visiting/seeing family? Yay

46. Ad-Lib on “Rudolph…” (’like Monopoly!’)? Yay if you are singing it with your kids.

47. Free mint red/white candy? Yay

48. Belief in Santa Claus? Yay

49. Chocolate countdown calendar? Yay

50. Peeking at your gifts (or by accident)? Ugh but since I bought my own gift I guess I should say yay but just once I would love if I got a surprise gift.....

51. Making out with Santa under the mistletoe? Yah if the Santa is dh.

52. Decorated houses? Yay

53. Extreme decorated houses? Ugh

54. White Christmas morning? Yay but it has to go away by the next day or it will turn into and ugh!

55. Searching for ornaments in the attic? N/A…and ugh

56. Santa knowing when you’re sleeping and awake? Ugh (pervy spy!)(heehee I will leave another of Wry's answers)

Name That TuneB-O-R-I-N-G…I skipped this section. Big yawn.


First Thought That Comes To Mind When You Hear…

67. Snowflake! Uh oh here come some snow that I am going to have to drive in.

68. Pinecones! Pine Nuts

69. Elves! Santa's Helpers

70. Sleigh! One horse open

71. Presents! Fun to buy for kids.

72. Cookies! I'm hungry

73. Misletoe! Getting stuck kissing someone you can't stand because "It's tradition" Blech!!

74. Rudolph! Had a very shiny nose.

75. Blizzard! I hope we don't lose our power because of this stupid blizzard!

76. School’s Canceled! yay, I get to sleep in!

77. Ice Skating! Never done it

78. Santa’s Lap! Uncomfortable

79. Black Friday! I actually went out and shopped on this day this year. It wasn't too bad actually.

80. God’s Son! Jesus

81. Melting Snow! A big mess but hey I'm glad it's melting!

82. Lumps of Coal! Never even seen one!

83. Nutcracker! Ballet

84. Ho Ho Ho! What isn't PC for Santa to say anymore(get a life people, sheesh)

85. North Pole! Santa's castle

What’s a Winter Activity YOU Do…

86. …In the snow by yourself? Nothing

87. …Inside by yourself? Read, eat, drink, internet stuff, watch tv and those cheesy Christmas movies on Lifetime television for women. ;)

88. …In a public place (with/alone)? Shopping with dh and our girls.

89. …With friends/family in the snow at home? Make snowmen and snow angels and snowforts. If there is a hill around we used to make homemade sleds out of old air mattresses and slide down the hill.

90. …With friends/family inside at home? Watch movies, play boardgames and card games, eat, drink(non-alcoholic if at my parent's or siblings homes), talk and laugh. I miss my family.....:(

Grade/Rate Holiday Movies A - F

91. A Christmas Story. A

92. How The Grinch Stole Christmas? A

93. The Santa Clause? C

94. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer? A

95. Frosty The Snowman? B

96. Home Alone. B

97. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. A

98. Elf. A-

99. Miracle on 34th Street. B

100. A Charlie Brown Christmas. A

The ____ Present You’ve Received?

101. Most expensive? cross country skis

102. Ugliest? I can't remember

103. Worthless? A paper snowflake(long, annoying story)

104. Most-wanted (personally)? A House

105. Most-wanted/popular (media frenzy)? Cabbage Patch Kid

106. Unwanted? Paper snowflake

107. Never-used? Some Exclamation lotion a boss gave me. (remember Exclamation perfume??)

108. Exchanged for something else? I have never exchanged anything.

109. Biggest (size)? Bicycle

110. Most meaningful? The afghan my grandma knitted me.


Christmas At My House…(one or the other)

111. Tree is fake/real? Fake and it looks it. I wish I had a real one.

112. Tree is under/above 4′? Above

113. Open presents Christmas Eve/Day? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day.

114. House/entire yard is decorated? No

115. Amount of presents under the tree? I think this year it will be around 15 or 20. Some years we have more some years less.

116. Snowman is a male/female? No snow man yet.

117. Go for Santa/Jesus? Both!! We are Santa and Jesus people.

118. Homemade/delivered/takeout Christmas dinner? Homemade but I make breakfast instead of dinner because I am better at making breakfast than dinner.

119. Bedtime is before/after midnight? Before for the kids and dh after for me because I still have presents to wrap usually.

120. Wake-up is before/after 7am? This year probably before. The new baby doesn't let us sleep in much anymore.(I almost put her real name!!)

121. Go/don’t go to church on Christmas? We don't usually go to church except if we are visiting my parents. I kind of want to go this year though. Not LDS but to some Christmas Eve service somewhere.

122. Pray & sing Happy Birthday/do nothing before bed? Why would we sing Happy Birthday?? Is that for Jesus? Actually I have heard of people making Jesus a birthday cake. To each their own I guess!

123. Do shopping before/after Thanksgiving? After

124. Low-key/over the top decorations (inside and out)? Low-key

Have You Ever?

125. Built a snowman? Yes

126. Heard Santa’s sleigh? No but I like to pretend I do for the girls because it makes them go to bed because "Santa won't come in the house until he is sure they are asleep!"

127. Seen Santa & Rudolph in the sky? See answer to 126

128. Sat on Santa’s lap? Once or twice.

129. Shoveled the driveway/sidewalk? Yes

130. Made snow angels? Yes

131. Built a fort/igloo? Yes

132. Wrote a Christmas list? Yes

133. Wrote a letter to Santa? Yes

134. Left cookies/milk for Santa & reindeer? Yes and we were always amazed when they were actually gone!!

135. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes

136. Went caroling? Yes

137. Got hurt during the winter season? No, but I have gotten the flu before.

138. Gone ice skating/sledding? Yes

139. Kissed under a mistletoe? Yes

140. Experienced/saw a miracle happen? I believe I have and I will leave it at that.

141. Get everything you wanted for Christmas? Yes

142. Cooked/baked? Yes


Christmas 101

151. Color of Rudolph’s nose? Red

152. Jesus’ Virgin Mother? Mary

153. What made Frosty come to life? The true spirit of Christmas?? Sounds good to me..

154. Two main colors of Christmas? Red and Green

155. Does Mrs. Claus have a first name? I am sure she does and we should all know what it is because I am sure her name isnt "MRS". Ugh....

156. Where does Santa live? The North Pole but only at Christmas time, I think after Christmas is over he lives in the Bahamas somewhere.

157. True love gave what on the second day of Christmas? Two turtle doves. Though, I would rather have Dove Chocolates.

158. What kind of nuts are roasting on an open fire? Chester's

Make Up Your Own Christmas Tale

159. Once upon a time, there was a: Woman trying to make up a story for this meme

160. Who couldn’t stop: wondering why she was even trying, making up stories are not her forte.

161. After a while, she fell asleep next to a: pile of unfolded laundry and an empty can of Diet Dr Pepper.

162. When she woke, there was: Disappointed because she had been dreaming that she had a new car and a new house and when she woke up she was still living in her nice but rented townhouse and driving a dumpy old car.

163. Thanks to that, Christmas was: The only bright spot in her week to come.

How Does He Do It?

162. Get down the chimney? Well, since we don't have a chimney I guess he will come through the front door.

163. Deliver presents all over the world? Santa's time isn't our time. ;)

164. Get so fat and still act so jolly? He is happy and jolly because he lives a life of giving!

165. Recruit reindeer for sleigh-pulling lessons? He promises them a heaven filled with virgin reindeer.

166. Provide compensation for elves making toys? New elf shoes.

167. Stay unseen from the rest of the world? Camoflauge

Would It Still Be Christmas Without…

168. Candy canes? Yes

169. Snow? Yes

170. Stores opening at 5am? YES

171. Winter vacation? NO

172. Visiting family & friends? Kind of, the only family I ever see on Christmas is my dh and dds and Christmas is still good. I wish we could see the rest of our family at Christmas time though.

173. Fake Santas? Yes

174. Christmas trees? No

175. New holiday movies? Yes but I am glad they exist.

176. Getting holiday greeting cards/email? Yes

177. Holiday tunes? No


Share Your Stories in one Sentence

178. The best Christmas you’ve had. I think it was the last Christmas when I lived in Utah. My maternal grandparents were still alive, I was engaged and dh was visiting me for Christmas, it was just a fun time!

179. The most upsetting Christmas you’ve had? Thankfully I don't think I have had an upsetting Christmas. Knock on wood!!

180. One hilarious Christmas blooper? There was the time when my dad was making cookies(yeah my dad loved making Christmas goodies) and he accidentally poored the brown sugar into the jar of unpopped popcorn that was sitting by the mixing bowl. It was hilarious of those of us who witnessed it. It still makes me smile(and tear up a little, I really miss my dad, sorry I get REALLY sentimental around the holidays)


True Or False

181. You prefer to stay inside where it’s warm? True

182. You’ve given something (or $) to charity? True

183. You spent more than what people spent on you? True

184. You like to take your time opening presents? True

185. The thing you want most this year costs $100+? True and I won't be getting it.

186. You expect to get more than 10 presents this year? False

187. You’re a Scrooge/Grinch? False

188. Christmas = snow? No, I lived in warm climates for the last 9 Christmases and I found I didn't need the white stuff to have a Merry Christmas.

189. You know the lyrics to more than 25 Christmas songs? True


Grab Bag

190. Three best things about Christmas? Family, food, and gift giving.

191. Worst Christmas song? "It's a Marshmallow World In the Winter" I hate that fucking song.

192. If you were a Christmas character, who would you be? I think I would be on the Island of Misfit toys too or Charlie Brown.

193. What type of decoration should stop being made? Ummm, I don't know!

194. Tastiest holiday treat? Fudge, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, Rice Krispie Treats

195. Favorite pop culture/stereotypical Christmas icon (noun)? Ebeneezer Scrooge

196. Know how to make cookies/brownies/cake from scratch? Cookies, yes the others no.

197. Ever cut your mouth on a candy cane/candy? No

198. What other culture would you like to experience Christmas with? My hubby's family in Africa.

199. What kind of pattern/pictures do you like on your wrapping paper? Santa Claus, snow men, Christmas trees.

200. Will you make a Christmas picture for your blog/website/profile? Not this one. My other blog is very Christmasy complete with a Christmas song playlist. PM me or email me if you want to see it because it's private. I will only let you see it if I know you so if I don't know you don't ask.

No comments: