Monday, September 15, 2008

What a Rush!!

A week or so ago I signed the "Sign For Something" petition. With my real name and my real location. That was easy.

Today, I wrote a letter to go along with it. That wasn't so easy. I wanted to convey how I feel about the church's involvement in Prop 8. I wanted to do it in a clear and concise way. I wanted to be articulate and really drive my point home. I think I just ended up rambling away like I usually do.

FYI, I think the church should stay out of politics like they are supposed to being politically neutral and all. I included that thought in my letter as well as some things a little more personal, like comparing gay marriage to interracial marriage. 30 years ago and beyond, my marriage was seen the way a lot of people see gay marriage now. I can put myself in their shoes.

Anyway, I used my real name and location for the letter too. I don't know if anything will happen to me because of it. All I know is that I just can't sit idley by any longer and watch my fellow U.S. citizens rights being denied. Let the chips fall where they may, I'm ready. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you!!!! I'd love to read a copy of the letter if you have one. Would my marriage have been considered wrong 30 years ago also?

Sister Mary Lisa said...

You should post your letter. And good job, girl.